Saturday, October 18, 2008

High chairs and low spirits

We were without Josh again this week and there were a few lonely days for me! I guess its a little harder to have him gone when we're over here, although I miss him just as much back home. Pretty much either way it isn't very fun! Absence makes the heart grow fonder though. Gretta seems to be teething again so some rough nights and days for her (and I) were also making the week hard. She seems to have gotten better as the week went on. Still no sign of those dang teeth though, guess its a come and go thing with no reward for her troubles as of right now. We've been spending most days taking walks in the park and wandering the mall looking at all sorts of things and getting stopped by all of her admirers. Josh gets home tomorrow and we are all looking forward to being together again! We'll have to take some pictures in our park one of these days, I kind of forget to take the camera since its a work out walk, not just a stroll!

I think this is actually her "tough" cookie look.....watch out!

Here's the smiling face we know and love!

Gretta graduated to a high chair this week.....thought it looked more grown up with the hamburger and fries in the picture. She doesn't look too sure about it, that is a lot of big food. Anyway, that was my meal because I was feeling like some American food for a change!

See she is much happier with her peas. We have been making all her food since all they really have for jarred baby food is bananas and apples mixed with other things like cereal or peaches. They have no veggies, which is quite weird. It is also really expensive so making it has been so much cheaper and actually kind of fun. Not as hard as it sounds since you can make big batches and freeze it. So our much sought after food grinder from a couple entries back has come in handy!

No comments: